Here you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about CombiCoin. If you can not find the answer to your question in the FAQ CombiCoin, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Dutch version here.
1. Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com. The first time you visit the website it will show several warning screens. Take some time to understand the risks involved. If your are not careful you can lose your coins and nobody can help you after that.
2. Enter a password of at least 9 characters long
3. Never lose your password! Write it down somewhere. There is no password recovery option.
4. Click on Create New Wallet
5. Download Keystore File (UTC / JSON). The Keystore file contains your private key and is encrypted with the password.
6. Store the Keystore file in a safe place where you will can always retrieve it, even if your computer breaks down. Make a copy on a USB-stick or portable hard drive.
7. Click on ‘I understand. Continue.’
8. Click on ‘Print Paper Wallet’ and print the paper wallet as backup.
9. Your Ethereum Wallet address is visible on your paper wallet under ‘Your Address’. An Ethereum wallet address always starts with 0x. This is your public wallet address you can register on our website to receive your CombiCoins.
10. Your Private key is also visible on your paper wallet. With this information anyone can access your wallet and your coins. So keep this information in a safe place, for example a safe or a safety deposit box.
11. Click on ‘Save Your Address’ and you are now the owner of an Ethereum wallet.
12. Now we can check if it actually works. Choose “View Wallet Info” from the menu and choose Keystore/JSON file to access your wallet.
13. Click on ‘Select wallet file…’ and select the Keystore File you downloaded in step 5.
A warning was recently added there are safer ways to access your wallet with MetaMask (plugin) or a hardware wallet. If you plan to keep a large number of CombiCoins on your wallet extra security measures are necessary. Follow the tutorial to the end and then check the FAQ on MetaMask and Nano Ledger S.
14. Enter the password you used in step 2 and click on Unlock.
15. Now you can see Your Address and Your Account Balance. Your Address (starting with 0x) should be the same as the address on your Paper Wallet.
Your Account Balance will be 0.
16. Now select your Address and copy/paste it into the registration form to buy CombiCoins.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are several websites that show you the CombiCoin tokens in your wallet in the blockchain. You can visit Etherscan.io or Ethplorer.io and fill out your wallet address in the search box. You do not need a private key because this information is publicly available.
If you want to see your CombiCoin tokens and have the option to transfer tokens to another Ethereum wallet you need MyEtherWallet and your private key.
1. Go to https://www.myetherwallet.com. The first time it will show several warning screens. Take some time to understand the risks involved. If your are not careful you can lose your coins and nobody can help you after that.
2. Click on View Wallet Info.
3. Choose a method to unlock your wallet.
If you created the wallet using our tutorial select Keystore/Json File and click on Select Wallet File… and select the UTC (Keystore File) you downloaded when creating your wallet. Fill in your password and click on Unlock.
4. Now you can see Your Address and your Account Balance, but you cannot see CombiCoin tokens just yet.
5. Click on Add Custom Token.
6. Copy paste the following information to add CombiCoin as Custom Token:
Token Symbol: COMBI
Below a screenshot of how it should look. Pay specific attention to the picture next to the Token Contract Address. It should look the same if you put in the right CombiCoin contract address.
Click on save. Now a cookie is added to store this information the next time you visit this website.
7. Click on save. Now you should see your CombiCoin balance under Token Balances.
If you have any questions, please send us an email on email@example.com
Occasionally, customers accidentally enter a wrong wallet address or find out later the wallet is not capable of managing ERC-20 tokens like the CombiCoin. Because Ethereum transactions cannot be reversed we want to make absolutely sure you registered the correct wallet before we send the CombiCoins.
After we receive your payment we will send a test payment of 10 Gwei to the wallet you registered as receiving wallet. We will wait for two to three days for a message from you the wallet is maybe not the right wallet. If we do not receive a message we will assume everything is working and we will transfer the CombiCoin tokens to your wallet.
No, this is not possible. CombiCoin is a ERC-20 token and makes use of the Ethereum network. You need your own ERC-20 compliant wallet to keep your CombiCoins.
Please do not participate using an exchange account or contract wallet. You don’t own the private key of this wallet. You will not be able to access your CombiCoins!
It is recommended that you store backups of both forms of your key (the Keystore / UTC file version and paper wallet version) in physically separate, offline environments.
This prevents loss of the private key & password due to: dead hard drive, lost USB drive, wet piece of paper, etc. Keep in mind that physical loss can affect an entire area (e.g. fire, flood).
There may be a chance that you saved the keystore file without realizing it. So, just in case:
- Do a full search of your computer for “UTC-“ and see if the private key shows up.
- Do a full search of your computer for your address without the 0x at the beginning.
- If you know when you created it, look through all files during that time period for any documents that may hold your key or screenshots.
- Generate a new wallet via https://www.myetherwallet.com/#generate-wallet and take a look and the different options you may have downloaded or saved. Sometimes that can jog your memory.
You printed your private key when you created your wallet. It might be at another location.
There’s no way for us to recover your Ethereum wallet password. You are the only person who had it when the keystore/json file containing your private key was created and encrypted.
If you have your private key printed on paper you can still use this to access your wallet and your CombiCoins.
We can not predict the future of the cryptocurrency market. There is always a risk of large price falls even for CombiCoin.
CombiCoin is an ERC20 tokens issued on the Ethereum blockchain. Token holders can store and manage their tokens using existing ERC-20 compliant Ethereum clients including official Ethereum wallets like MyEtherWallet, Metamask, Parity, Mist and the latest versions of Nano Ledger S and Trezor. You need your own wallet with your own private key to keep your CombiCoins. Phone wallets like Freewallet do not support CombiCoin tokens at this time.
Metamask provides extra security when accessing your Ethereum wallet. Below is a tutorial on the benefits and how install the plugin in your browser.
Yes, please use the following tutorial for using a Ledger with the CombiCoin token:
CombiCoin is an ERC-20 compliant token. Any ERC-20 tokens can be stored at your Ethereum address in Exodus. The problem is that you won’t be able to see or manage the tokens in Exodus. If we send CombiCoin tokens to your Exodus wallet, it will be stored at your wallet address, but Exodus will not display it. You can check your token balance on https://etherscan.io/ by pasting in your wallet address, and checking the token tracker drop-down.
To manage your tokens (e.g. to sell them in the future you need to transfer the tokens to another wallet), you will have to export your private key to MyEtherWallet. Here’s a video tutorial with details about exporting your private key for use in MyEtherWallet: https://vimeo.com/224680994
CombiCoin can be split down to 10 decimal points.
The smallest amount is 0.0000000001 CombiCoin
Citizens of all countries are welcome, except countries that have regulations that would not allow investment in cryptocurrency, like the US and Hong Kong. We urge our customers to make sure that their decision to purchase CombiCoin does not create legal disputes.
You will pay to the Foundations bank account. You will receive all the details after filling out the participation form.
On our website the minimum amount is:
- 250 USD
- 200 EURO
- 0.03 BTC
- 0.3 ETH
On exchanges this is different for each exchange.
CombiCoin Token Address: 0x11468D142559f6aB61e69B47F30fa6A36c93eE92
Token Symbol: COMBI
You can find the Terms & Conditions here.